How long does Invisalign take?
It depends on the case. Minor cases can take as short as 6-9 months. Extensive cases can take up to 1.5-2 years. The average case length is 10-12 months. Invisalign typically takes less time than traditional metal braces.
How much does Invisalign cost?
The average cost of Invisalign is $5500, but our office charges just $99 a month after $1000 down-payment.
Does Invisalign work for crowded teeth?
Yes! It can work for crowded teeth! It can also fix underbites, crossbites, and overbites. Invisalign can also close gaps in your teeth. It can also fix protruding teeth.
Does Invisalign hurt?
Some mild discomfort may be felt when first putting in your aligners and when switching them out every week, but that only lasts for a short period of time. Remember in order for the teeth to move, pressure is required. It is also normal for teeth to feel slightly loose when aligners are out.
What is the cheapest way to straighten teeth?
Invisalign usually costs less than braces. Because we are general dentists we are able to offer Invisalign at less of a cost than most orthodontic practices. Cost varies depending on complexity of the case. Some dental insurance plans pay towards the cost of Invisalign, as they would traditional braces. You can also use your flexible spending account or HSA to pay for your Invisalign treatment! If insurance does not cover treatment we offer monthly payment plans with no added fees to get you the perfect, healthy smile you always dreamed of!
What are aligners?
Aligners are clear, thin plastic trays that you wear on your teeth. They are virtually invisible and comfortable. Easy to take in and out.
What are Invisalign attachments?
Depending on your teeth and the necessary movement sometimes attachments or clear bumps are needed on the outside of your teeth. Your dentist will place tooth colored bumps on specific teeth that may need a special movement.
What are the benefits of Invisalign?
- There are no restrictions with food! You can eat anything you want.
- They’re invisible. Your friends and coworkers won’t even notice them.
- Brushing and flossing is easy with no brackets or metal wires in the way.
- With invisalign your appointments are less frequent than with traditional braces! Usually every 4-6 weeks.
- Teeth and gums are not only healthier during treatment but even more so after!
- Properly aligned teeth attract less plaque and buildup which keeps gingivitis away as well as cavities.
- The healthier your mouth is the healthier the rest of your body is! Studies by the American Dental Association have shown that oral infections can lead to heart disease, stroke, pneumonia, and diabetes!
- Correctly aligned teeth can also fix improper speech or chewing difficulties, jaw problems, and increased wear on the tooth enamel.
Tips for Invisalign!
- Start new aligners at night so discomfort is minimal.
- Invisalign recommends to brush them daily with their cleanup solution and it’s worked well, but others have used toothpaste and warm water.
- Brush and floss your teeth after eating and before putting in aligners.
- Wear them as often as possible so treatment is quicker and more effective. Aim for 22 hours a day!
Wear your retainer! Don’t worry, it’s included in the cost of Invisalign. We recommend you wear it as often as possible for the first 6 months, but after that just wear it nightly to ensure your teeth do not shift back!